My school is experiencing an increase of enrolment lately and that is welcome news in the midst of what’s happening in the world. With that, I have to enroll my new students into Google Classroom which is the Learning Management System (LMS) that my school uses. I find that the Google Classroom App is very useful and here are some suggestions that you might find useful.
1. Randomize students with the Student Selector Tool
With more students, I’m picking up the tools that I once used previously like the Student Selector tool in the Google Classroom app. What this tool does it randomize students and it is a very useful tool like a popsicle stick with the student’s name on it. It allows me to give equal opportunity to my students to participate in class discussion and activities.
- Getting Started On Asynchronous Music Lessons
- Differentiating Students in the Virtual Classroom | Video Tutorials and Independent Learning
- How to screen capture/screen grab with free Snip Tool on Windows 10
- Ed Tech Tool: GIFs
2. Take Attendance with the Student Selector Tool
Besides that, it is also a good tool for taking attendance without referring to an actual name list. I would call out my student’s name and he/she will respond accordingly. Nobody will be missed out unless they are not enrolled in the Google Classroom.
3. The Student Selector Tool Video Tutorial
Check out this tutorial below to find out how you can use it on your smart devices. You can use the app on Android and iOS devices.