Music Matters really is a huge archive of wonderful resource for music teachers.
I found this awesome tool for rhythm development called the Rhythm Randomizer.
Here’s a sneak peek and quick (non-instructional) video on how it works.
What is Rhythm Randomizer?
The Rhythm Randomizer website is a simple website interface that is used to generate various rhythm patterns based on your preferred settings.
The Settings button on the upper left corner is where you choose the perimeters of the rhythm pattern that will be shown.
It has a reasonable amount of notes values to choose from basic crotchet notes up to advanced syncopated rhythms.
The Time Signature or Meter option is also varied which includes simple and compound meters.
Even irregular meter like 5/4 time is available.
The number of measures or bars available are from 2 up to 8 bars.
Since the update of this post, it also includes Playback and Metronome function.
I’m sure this is a wonderful addition that all Music teachers were waiting for!
Overall, I like that the website has improved a whole lot from years ago and it’s much welcome!
Article update: 23/10/2021
Read more articles like this
- 50 Music Pieces Challenge for Your Music Studio
- 50 Inspiring Quotes for Music Teachers
- Among Us Themed Rhythm Recognition Game Idea in Google Slides
- Diwali Music Lesson Ideas
- Don’t Ditch Your Metronomes Yet! – Build Your Piano Performance Speed with Drum Beats
- Equipment & The Environment for Online Music Lessons: Computer, smart phone or tablets
- Equipment & The Environment for Online Music Lessons: Your Music Instrument, Audio Interface, USB Sound Card
- Equipment & The Environment for Online Music Lessons: Your Online Lesson Room
- Equipment & The Environment for Online Music Lessons: Microphone
- Equipment setups for your online music studio
- Getting Started On Asynchronous Music Lessons
- Gong Xi Gong Xi – Chinese New Year Tune for Chrome Music Lab
- Mid-Autumn Festival | Mooncake Festival | Moon Themed Music Lesson Ideas
- Note Quest – The iPad Music App for Sight Reading
- Opera Music Lesson Ideas
- P. Ramlee Music Lesson Ideas| Malaysian Music Studies
- Tanggal 31 on Song Maker by Chrome Music Lab
- Teaching children music note reading through storytelling
- The Rhythm Randomizer
- How to Teach A Great Music Lesson About the Tokyo Olympics 2020
- Transpose Chrome Extension: A Free and Useful Tool for Music Transcription and Practice