Disclosure: My website is supported by you, my readers! Some of the links here are affiliate links and I may earn when you click on them, AT NO EXTRA COST to you. Hope you find my write up useful. Thanks!
When the days are long and you have so much work commitments at school, you stare at work desk and there is nothing to inspire you.
As a music teachers, aside from getting spiritual food from the music I love, it is also nice to have something nice visually to look at.
Perhaps it’s time to spruce it up with some inspirational quotes and I have found 50 good ones that you could use.
Motivating Words by Known Educators
- “There is music in every child. The teacher’s job is to find it and nurture it.” – Frances Clark.
- “I feel a responsibility to them. I hope that what it means to them is that they know that I love them unconditionally and that, no matter how crazy things get, as long as they want to move forward. I’m always going to be right there next to them to help them do it.” – Stephen Cox, Grammy Music Educator Award 2021.
- “At the end of the day, you must control your environment. How do you do that? If there’s a new direction that music is going in, find out how you can make that applicable to your situation. You must remain fresh, so your students remain fresh. How do you guard against issues? You guard yourself by educating yourself, so you can speak to what’s currently happening and protect your environment.” – Jeffery Redding, Grammy Music Educator Award 2019
- “Teaching kids to count is fine, but teaching them what counts is best.” – Bob Talbert
- “To stimulate life, leaving it free, however, to unfold itself, that is the first duty of the educator.” – Maria Montessori
- “Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.” – John Dewey
- “I need a teacher quite as much as Helen. I know the education of this child will be the distinguishing event of my life, if I have the brains and perseverance to accomplish it.” – Anne Sullivan
- “Education is for improving the lives of others and for leaving your community and world better than you found it.” – Marian Wright Edelman
- “A teacher takes a hand, opens a mind and touches a heart.” – Anonymous
- “Good teachers know how to bring out the best in students.” – Charles Kuralt
- “Better than a thousand days of diligent study is one day with a great teacher.” – Japanese proverb
Inspirational Quotes by Philosophers
- “It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.” – Confucious
- “Those who educate children well are more to be honored than they who produce them; for these only gave them life, those the art of living well.” – Aristotle
- “It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.” – Leonardo da Vinci
Short and Though Provoking Quotes by Public Figures
- “Life is like a Piano, what you get out of it depends on how you play it.” – Albert Einstein
- “Where words fail, music speaks.” – Hans Christian Andersen
- “Be happy in the moment, that’s enough. Each moment is all we need, not more.” – Mother Theresa
- “Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.” – Steve Jobs
- “Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Don’t be afraid to ask for help when you need it. I do that every day. Asking for help isn’t a sign of weakness, it’s a sign of strength. It shows you have the courage to admit when you don’t know something, and to learn something new.” – Barack Obama
- “The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles, but to irrigate deserts.” – C. S. Lewis
- “What’s coming will come and we’ll just have to meet it when it does.” – J. K. Rowling
- “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” – Nelson Mandela
- “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “We spend so much time being afraid of failure, afraid of rejection. But regret is the thing we should fear most.” – Trevor Noah
- “Don’t compare yourself with anyone in this world, if you do so, you are insulting yourself.” – Bill Gates
Inspirational Quotes by Famous Composers
- “Be silent, if you choose; but when it is necessary, speak – and speak in such a way that people will remember it.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Inspirational Quotes by Music Artists
- “Passion is one great force that unleashes creativity, because if you’re passionate about something, then you’re more willing to take risks.” – Yo-yo Ma
- “It’s not about perfection. It’s about purpose.” – Beyonce Knowles
- “If you have a dream, fight for it. It’s not about how many times you get rejected or you fall down or get beaten up. It’s about how many times you stand, are brave and keep on going.” – Lady Gaga
- “My experiences remind me that it’s those black clouds that make the blue skies even more beautiful.” – Kelly Clarkson.
- “Create the world you want, and fill it with the opportunities that matter to you.” – Alicia Keys
- “Be in control. Know who you are. And don’t try to be different just to be different.” – Bruno Mars
- “Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end.” – John Lennon
- “Never rush an emotion; everything in life has a rhythm, it is the pauses and silences that speak the truth.” – Michael Jackson
- “The highest purpose of art is to inspire. What else can you do? What else can you do for anyone but inspire them?” – Bob Dylan
- “We all have ability. The difference is how we use it.” – Stevie Wonder
- “Musicians don’t retire; they stop when there’s no more music in them.” – Louis Armstrong
- “I stand for freedom of expression, doing what you believe in, and going after your dreams.” – Madonna
- “Be brave and fearless to know that even if you do make the wrong decision, you’re making it for a good reason.” – Adele
- “People haven’t always been there for me but music always has.” – Taylor Swift
- “I’ve always done whatever I want and always been exactly who I am.” – Billie Eillish
- “When I perform, I simply follow the music, and my heart; everything comes from me in a very natural way – it’s not a show; and I believe in this way, it also touches the hearts of those in the audience.” – Lang Lang
- “90% of your worries are just an imaginary swamp that you created” – “So What” by BTS
- “Music is a powerful tool in galvanizing people around an issue. There’s no better way to get your point across than to put it in a beautiful song.” – Ed Sheeran
Inspirational Quotes by Actors and Actresses
- “Write down five things you love to do. Next, write down five things that you’re really good at. Then just try to match them up! Revisit your list once a year to make sure you’re on the right track.” – Hugh Jackman
- “Most importantly, keep smiling. Because life is a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live.” – Johnny Depp
- “It’s the choice that you have to wake up every day and say, ‘There’s no reason today can’t be the best day of my life.’” – Blake Lively
- “It is incredibly empowering to know that your future is in your hands.” – Keanu Reeves
Inspirational Quotes from the Bible
- “My heart O God, is steadfast; I will sing and make music with all my soul.” – Psalm 108:1 NIV
I hope some of these quotes can make you feel better about your work days.
Just pick one and print it out on a nice poster card and you’re set to stay motivated while you work!
Related articles for music teachers
- Transpose Chrome Extension: Everything You Need to Know About It
- Resources of Opera Music Lessons
- Getting Started On Asynchronous Music Lessons
- Diwali Music Lesson Ideas
- Mid-Autumn Festival | Mooncake Festival | Moon Themed Music Lesson Ideas
- How To Edit Video & Music in Capcut App for iPhone/iPad
- Android Video Editor Comparison | VN vs Capcut
- 50 Music Pieces Challenge for Your Music Studio