Disclosure: My website is supported by you, my readers! Some of the links here are affiliate links and I may earn when you click on them, AT NO EXTRA COST to you. Hope you find my write up useful. Thanks!
Do you play or practice music? If so, the Transpose Google Chrome extension is a tool that you should check out. It’s a free extension that allows you to transpose YouTube music videos and Spotify music. This can come in handy for transcription purposes or for practicing at different pitches and speeds. The extension also features a loop tool, so you can practice difficult passages over and over again. Give it a try today!
- Features of Transpose Chrome Extension
- Download the extension
- Steps to using the extension
- Video tutorial on using the extension
- Thoughts on using it for Music Education
4 Features of Your New ‘Best Friend’
1. Transpose music videos and Spotify music
Open YouTube music videos or Spotify music on your Google Chrome browser, so that you can use this powerful extension to change the key of the video or song. It’s good if you have music theory knowledge so that you can identify and determine how much you want the key to change.
2. Change the pitch of music
The pitch slider really allows you to change the pitch of the music in small increments. Just toggle the slider to do so.
3. Change the speed of music
The speed tool is very useful if you want to practice alongside a fast piece of music and build up your performance along with the original music.
4. Loop music for practice purposes
This loop tool is most useful when you want to transcribe difficult or complex parts of music. Best used with the speed tool to slow it down. I find it most useful to work on hard to play sections of music during practice and transcription exercises.
Music teachers and students can both benefit from using this awesome tool. It’s a great way to transcribe songs, practice at different pitches and speeds, and learn new pieces more quickly. Try it out today! It’s free and easy to use. Simply install the Google Chrome browser and then add the extension. You’re ready to go!
Download Transpose Chrome Extension
Click here to download the extension.
Steps to Using Transpose Chrome Extension
- Make sure you have the Google Chrome browser. You can download it for free here.
- Click “Add to Chrome”.
- Once it’s installed, open a YouTube music video or Spotify song. You’ll see a new icon in the toolbar that looks like a musical note. Click on this icon and select the transpose tool, pitch tool, speed tool or loop tool.
Watch the video tutorial below to view the steps visually!
How To Transpose YouTube Music and Spotify Video Tutorial
Find out how you can use this tool within 5 minutes!
Other Useful Tools for Music Teachers
- How to Edit Video & Music in Capcut for Android
- Getting Started On Asynchronous Music Lessons
- How to create Synthesia videos or ‘flowing keys’ piano tutorials?
- Classroom Management: Go Noodle
- Student Selector Tool in Google Classroom App
Thoughts On Using Transpose Chrome Extension for Music Education
I find the Transpose Chrome Extension very useful when I want to transpose a piece of music for performance or practice without changing the original arrangement of the music. It is also a good play-along tool when you focused on specific parts of the music. The only word of caution I have in using this tool is that you should not change the key too much from its original key, it would make the experience really strange as the sound of the music would be altered too much.
FAQ about Transpose Chrome Extension
- Is Transpose Chrome Extension free?
Yes! It is a free tool in the Chrome Web Store.
- How do I install the Transpose Chrome Extension?
Use the Google Chrome Browser and search ‘Transpose Chrome Extension”. Click its name in the search result and click the blue ‘Add to Chrome’ button. The extension will appear in your menu of Chrome extensions.
- How do I use the Transpose Chrome Extension?
Open a YouTube video or Spotify Music in the Chrome Browser. Pause your video/song and click on the extension button in the Extension menu to activate this tool. Manipulate or control the features available in the tool: transpose, pitch, tempo, loop and playback.
- How best can I use the Transpose Chrome Extension?
Use this free tool to help you in music practice or music transcription projects.