Ever since Windows 10 came into the scene, the convenience of getting widgets is not as how it used to (at least in my opinion!). I’m an amateur tech wiz of a Music teacher but I know what I want when I need it and it’s having a clock widget on my desktop.
After maximizing my desktop background for productivity, I realized I needed to have a clock on it as well to complete the look. I checked out the Microsoft Store to see if there is anything useful but I was much disappointed.
- Rainmeter Clock Widget for Windows Video Tutorial
- How Do I Get the Rainmeter Clock Widget for Windows?
- Download PDF Article
Disclosure: My website is supported by you, my readers! Some of the links here are affiliate links and I may earn when you click on them, AT NO EXTRA COST to you. Hope you find my write up useful. Thanks!
Rainmeter Clock Widget for Windows Video Tutorial
My second line of tool searching is using YouTube and it has yet to fail me so far. YouTube gave me this video in the top search results and this is how I discovered Rainmeter.
I love short video tutorials and this is the best demonstration of getting to the point!
How Do I Get the Rainmeter Clock Widget for Windows?
- Go to https://www.rainmeter.net/
- Click the Download button of the latest version of Rainmeter
- After getting the download file, install the Rainmeter file on your PC.
- Once installed, you will see small boxes on your desktop which is known as skin. You can right click on it and select Unload Skin to remove it. I kept some of them just to know the health of my PC storage.
- Go to https://visualskins.com/skin/elegant-clock and select Download Elegant Clock.
- Install after downloading Elegant Clock.
- Go to the System Tray area (bottom right of Windows Desktop) and select the Rainmeter icon.
- Expand the Elegant Clock folder and you will see two versions of it: Dark Clock and Light Clock.
- Depending on the colour or design of your Desktop Background, choose a suitable one and click the Load button.
- After which you will see the clock on your desktop.
- You can change the position of the clock by clicking the clock and dragging it around the screen.
- You’re done!
I hope you enjoyed this productivity tip!